Soakster has a licensed status as an Approved Activity Provider for the DofE skills section. This course is 12 weeks long and you can complete it for either the Bronze or Silver Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Skills section.
This DofE skills course will teach you how to make bath bombs, soap, shower steamers and sugar scrubs. You do not need any previous experience as we designed it for complete beginners.
The DofE skills course includes recipes and full instructions to make 9 products. The remainder of the course covers the importance of safety, labelling and other aspects which are relevant.
What this course covers
- You will learn a new practical skill
- Some of the more advanced bath bombs are challenging – you will learn to develop your patience, problem solving and persistence
- The course touches on the science of bath bombs
- We provide templates for you to complete each week. These help you evaluate your progress
- By the end of the course you will have the necessary skills to make amazing gifts for your friends and family
- The course content is written by a member of the Guild of Soap & Toiletry Makers.
Included in the price
- Illustrated instructions
- Troubleshooting guide
- Equipment & ingredients list
- Recommended suppliers list
- Weekly progress template
- Email Support
- End of course online test
- Assessors report
You will need to buy ingredients to complete the course. There is also a page on our website, which provides links to all of the ingredients – so you can buy exactly what you need to get started.
The course is easy to follow and contains illustrations & photos to show you each step of every recipe. We are available for email support throughout the 12 weeks.
The download is in PDF format so you can just work from the screen. This is a digital download. When you have paid, you will received a link to download the ebook.
At the end, you will be sent a link to your online assessment. It is based only on the course content and consists of 15 multiple choice questions.
Product listing for the course
- Bar of soap
- Bar of soap with embeds (either soap shapes or erasers)
- Basic bath fizzies
- Simple bath bombs
- Bath bombs with multiple colours & designs
- Bath bombs with glitter/petals/flower buds
- Shower steamers
- Sugar scrub
- Mini bath melts
The regulations for the assessment of cosmetic products exist to protect the people who use the product (consumers). All bath bombs, soaps & scrubs fall into the category of cosmetics and under EU regulation, have to be assessed by a professional person, with qualifications in toxicology, before they can be sold.
You can’t sell any products you make on this course, but you can gift them to family & friends.